Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blueberry Zucchini Loaf!

>> Friday, May 19, 2017







This May long weekend, I'm sharing a delightful loaf that I concocted in my kitchen one Sunday afternoon.... I had a hankering for a healthy muffin, and I was fresh out of muffin cups after trying out an online recipe that produced something resembling a dough pellet (epic fail!).  I had just been to Costco and had way more zucchinis than I knew what to do with.... sooo... voilĂ !  And it turned out great.

Ingredients:
  • 1.75 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1.5 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup greek yogurt fat free
  • 4 tbsp egg white
  • 2tsp vanilla
  • 1.5 cups shredded zucchini
  • 1/2 cup blueberries

Directions: 

1.  Preheat oven to 350F. 

2.  Mix first 6 ingredients (the dry ones) together in a large bowl. 

3.  Whisk together canola oil, milk, greek yogurt, egg white, and vanilla in a separate bowl until smooth.  Stir into flour mixture until batter is just moistened.  Fold zucchini and blueberries into batter. 

4.  Spray a standard loaf pan (8.5" x 4.5") with non stick spray, and pour batter in. 

5.  Bake 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.


Makes 12 slices.  Per slice: 
  • Calories: 169
  • Fat: 4.8g
  • Carbs: 28g
  • Protein 3.2g

Note: I think this would also be good with half the white sugar (1/4c instead of 1/2 cup) - if you try this, let me know how it tastes (post a comment at the end of this post). 


Follow me on twitter! @drsuepedersen

www.drsue.ca © 2017

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP